Last week in Chantilly, I spoke to one customer who bought numerous one yard cuts of Halloween fabric. She always makes Halloween pillowcases for her children and her neices and nephews. What a great idea! They trick or treat with the pillowcases plus have a FUNctional gift from her.
Here is a quick easy way to make pillow cases.
Cut 3/4 yard for body of pillow case. Cut 1/4 yard for band.
- Fold the band in half lengthwise with wrong sides together.
- Pin the raw edges of the band to top edge of the body, RST. Stitch.
- Press the seam toward the body of the pillowcase.
- Fold the pillowcase in half, wrong sides together, lining up the selvage edges.
- Trim the selvage edges so the they are even.
- Stitch along the side and bottom of the pillowcase.
- Turn it right side out. Done!
Have Happy and Safe Trick or Treats!